Friday, March 11, 2011

Farmers help Farmers

A value to foster among members.










A peek into current activities:

Case 1: A member needs some assistance on his humidity system set-up, after an initial assessment, the proposition:

"Hi... As you will come to know some members are very experienced. Think we all can assist you to improve your BH. Here can be a case of true spirit of "Farmers help Farmers".

If you agree I will feature as a case study. I suggest you create a 3-D model with SketchUp from Google. It is free. We use this software to share design ideas, so you might as well pick it up and model your BH as an exercise.

I'll approach the solution to your humidity problem with a scientific explanation behind. My intent is to uplift everyone's knowledge at basic level."


Case 2: Tweetybird initiated a topic to retest the accepted norm of BH temperature.

Following an exchange of opinions:

Tweetybird: We need everyone to report on the daily and seasonal temperatures of their ranches and the results & observations relating to those conditions.

Charles: Good suggestion for group participation. A case of synergy through group learning.

Final words:
A member expressed to me the goals of Open Learning Network as ambitious. Idealistic perhaps, frankly I never think that way..

Sometimes, we have to be Idealistic. Values are Ideals, aren't they?

If we foster the right attitude and spirits, we are on the way.

Time will prove it right or wrong.

7 comments:

Ayah Embong said...

Charles,
I cant get to the sites, register me
zeidin.my@gmail.com. Please

Walet.twins said...

No worries, Ayah. I'll register you in good faith you understood the admission criteria.

mike said...

Walet twins...
your effort is very noble.
i do not doubt your sincerity.
but with most they are just trying to learn....
and then there are the dastardly !
the worst kind!

Walet.twins said...

Agree, Mike. I am aware, I'll do my best for participants within the group. So far, I offer opinions, advice and even visit their BH to assist.

Wild Borneo Swift said...

Register me too, wildborneoswift@gmail.com, and let me know the admission criteria please.

bert said...

Register me too ling388@ymail.com

Will said...

would you please register me, will.changtw@gmail.com, thanks