Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Swiftlet Farmers Handbooks

Preamble to what's in store.

The idea of a Swiftlet Farmers Handbook was mooted more than a year ago. I procrastinated over it on and off wondering if it is worthwhile.

What the hack, does it matter? "Just do it".. and let time prove its worth!














An online medium is the most convenient means for access, materials may be added gradually over time and regular updates. Rather than compile under one umbrella, technical contents are spread into 3 broad categories under:

1) Bird House Design Fundamentals
http://bird-house-design.blogspot.com

1. Thermal basics
- Measurement of thermal energy
- Specific heat capacity
- Thermal insulation/conduction
- Latent Heat
- Properties of air
- Properties of water
- Thermal Energy stored in air, water and water vapor
- Concept of BH Thermal Model
- Thermal Conduction through walls

2. Designs for Shop Units conversion
Case studies of well designed BH + members contribution

3. Designs of Standalone Farms
Case studies of well designed BH + members contribution

4. New Design Concepts


2) Swiftlet Sound System Fundamentals
http://swiftlet-sound-system.blogspot.com

Objectives: (Details as in previous blog)
1. Empowers you audit your sound system & improve its design
2. Empowers you to upgrade your sound system components and its maintenance
3. Knowledge of what constitute a quality tweeter and how to test it
4. Choosing tweeters: cost vs. performance - Fit for use criteria?
5. Getting more out the internal sound system with fake nest/Styrofoam


3) Bird House Management Handbook
http://bird-house-management.blogspot.com

1. Temperature/Humidity monitoring instruments
Application - selection criteria & set up

2. Types of Humidifiers
Application - selection criteria & set up

3. Light Level measurements

4. Sound Level measurements

5. Aromas

6. Bird Sounds (internal, external, pulling)

7. Locations of fake nests/Styrofoam pads

8. Growth rate monitoring

9. Pests Control

10. Harvesting

11. Security issues

12. Remote monitoring

13. Other maintenance related issues
- Routine Hygrostat calibration

14. Innovative experiments

I don't compare with the new BH Design book costing US$200+, its value no doubt will exceeds that many times.

25 comments:

Ayah Embong said...

BRILLIANT,
btw, mind telling me what is the tittle of the New design book and who is the write. Thanks in advance.

Walet.twins said...

I was just about to remark you gloss over too quickly.

Good that you found the answer. I normally gave prior details before making reference to them.

Anonymous said...

This must be the best swiftlet book ever writtten.

Alisya said...

i really interest to read the handbooks but why i cannot access the blog..i hope can get respond from sa soon as possible..tq..

Wild Borneo Swift said...

I am new in swiftlet farming. I am very interested about your blog and swiftlet farmers handbooks. Is it possible to invite me in? Thanks!

Bazooka said...

Very interesting and helpful handbook. Please grant me your invitation then I can access in. Thank you very much for sharing.

DL said...

interested about your swiftlet farmers handbooks... would appreciate if you can grant me to access... thanks in advance...

Will said...

i am interested in the book, could you invite me in.
Thanks.

JLFK said...

Hi, i just stumbled over your blog and i need to be invited to view your blog.. would you mind invite me.. thank you.. james: jameslfk@gmail.com

nhan said...

Hi, I am very interested in these book, can you pls invite me to get these book for ref. thank in advance. jamesle3@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Walet.twins,
Just found your blog and amused by so many valueable info posted. I am new this and read lot of info piece by piece from blog, confused me from time to time and get lost.
I would appreciate your help to grand me the access to this handbooks.
Thanks in advance

Lee said...

Hi, your book would be good reference for me as I am totally new to swiftlet farming and trying to learn as much as possible before building a BH. Can you please grant me access to your book? Thanks very much.

kampotdedpoivre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kampotdedpoivre said...

Hi,
Interresting blog indeed. I am just rsearching on the subject at the moment. I'd appreciate very much if you could grant me access to your handbook.

Cindy Cooper said...

Hi everyone just i saw "Bird House Designs" but i'll get great article for "Bird House Design Fundamentals"

Unknown said...

Dear friend,

Why so long time you don't write on your blog ?
(From August 27, 2011 on "My hobby Farms")
What happen to you ?
Pla take care

tonitrungtt said...

i m newbie! i m interested in yr blog very much pls give me an offer to read
thks

gimgim:) said...

I am interested with the handbook in swiftlet farming as well. would appreciate if you can grant me to access. Thanks :)

ppfrands said...

Planning to invest in bird farming in East Kalimantan. Would appreciate access to your publications/site.

Best regards,

Kjeld (Frandsen)

Anwar Abit said...

Hi, i just stumbled over your blog and i need to be invited to view your blog.. would you mind invite me.. thank you.. anwar: anwar.abit@gmail.com

Yinn Tan said...

Hi, can i be added to your blog please.

Thank you

LembuswanaShootingClub (LSC) said...

Very interesting and helpful handbook. Please grant me your invitation then I can access in. Thank you very much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Very interesting and helpful handbook. Please grant me your invitation then I can access in. Thank you very much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hi, currently looking for a way to improve my current BH to attract more swiftlet and especially interested to learn more about the sound system. Could you please grant me invitation so that I could assess.

Erol said...

Hi, i am looking for information to build a BH and interested in al information i can get.
could you please grant me a invitation so that i can access.
thanks,
Erol