Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Harvest Trolley Test Drive & Cyclone Yasi

What has Cyclone Yasi got to do with my Harvest Trolley test drive?

Well, as I was testing the new motor drive yesterday, this mega storm was heading land fall by midnight (Australian EST). Expected to be the largest cyclone to hit Australia in living memory. Naturally it interest me.











I had difficulty uploading the test drive clip to YouTube all night. For some unknown reason, it kept failing over umpteen attempts! In between I followed the event live on ABC (Australian Broadcast Corp) on internet.










Ground zero was Mission Beach, some 50 Km south of the town Innisfail.















This was where I skydived 5 years ago with my daughters. It brought back memory of us packed like sardines as the plane climbed to 14,000 ft. I can't imagine the courage needed to take the leap. It was not necessary - I was simply pushed out soon as I hung my legs out the plane's door! Dropping like a stone on a 10,000 ft. free fall before the parachute opened at 4,000 ft.















This is Mission Beach where we landed. I survived and the feeling was GREAT!













The upload was successful eventually this morning.



It has 6 control directions: forward, reverse, forward & reverse right turn; forward & reverse left turn. We are pretty satisfied and can proceed to final build.

As for the aftermath of Cyclone Yasi, it is very fortunate no reports of fatality thus far. Queenslanders had braced themselves very well!

But there were wide spread devastations - this Mission Beach home with only toilet left standing!

No comments: